How’s your plannning going?YMCA World Challlenge 2018
Just 60 days to go!
We have set ourselves a huge Challenge this year … to run the combined distance to join every YMCA in the world.
This will need some impressive statistics to achieve this. The infographic below shows just how big we need to think to make it happen this year.YMCA World Challenge – Run! Run! Run!
But be encouraged because (i) this is just a fraction of the 58 million members we have around the world, and (ii) the YMCA shows itself at its creative best when big challenges await!
We also have a great new promotional video :
To help your planning here are 3 things you need to know:
1. RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO HELP YOU EXECUTE A BIG EVENT
– Free resources including posters, artwork and social media are available CLICK HERE .We keep adding to them regularly.
2. MANY YMCAS ARE PLANNING BIG
We are hearing about BIG events with BIG numbers of people engaged.
– One YMCA is arranging a 100km walking event
– Another is climbing mountains
– Another is doing a ‘fun’draising run
– Yet another a road run with supporting activities on the actual day including aerobics, health checkups, family planning services and HIV testing.
Remember there are many prizes and awards for the biggest and best activities. I encourage you to be YMCA creative!
3. ON THE DAY – PHOTOS & STATISTICS REPORTING
It will be very easy to report this year, on the day send us the number of people and their combined distance (and lots of photos/videos) to: email@example.com
YMCA World Challenge is an important part of the global YMCA strategy and helps build our image and impact. This year’s event provides every YMCA the opportunity to share their great impact and our 174th birthday with their communities, while also engaging with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).SDG Goals (Sustainable Developments Goals)
Engaging with the UN SDGs gives YMCAs a chance to speak powerfully to the issues facing young people today and how we address them.
Please share this information widely so that every YMCA can get as
many runners/walkers to go as far as possible on June 2nd, 2018.
Further information and assistance is available to all via our World Challenge support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s all go run!
Johan Vilhelm Eltvik
Secretary General – World YMCAs