Rev. Johan Vilhelm Eltvik (Norway) – Secretary General – Brief Biography
Reverend Eltvik is the current Secretary General of the World Alliance of YMCAs, the largest and oldest youth movement in the world. He is also an Ordained priest with the Lutheran Church of Norway. Born in Karmøy, Norway in 1953 Reverend Eltvik is married with two daughters and three grandchildren
Reverend Eltvik has held career positions within the YMCA world movement for over 20 years holding various leadership and programme director roles, including Secretary General of YMCA Europe. On behalf of YMCA Europe he led the reestablishment of 20 National YMCA Movements in Central- and Eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin wall. He was also initiator of the YMCA Europe Youth Festivals in Prague, where more than 7500 young people from 50 countries met in both 2003 and 2008. Previously Reverend Eltvik has been involved in teaching and the Ministry, both in the military and The Church of Norway.
In addition to his professional career, Reverend Eltvik has held many volunteer positions including Board member of the National Association of Theologians.
Reverend Eltvik has been widely published and has been decorated in 2004 with the Cavalier Cross of the Polish Order of Merit from the State President of Poland.
In May 2011 he received an honorary doctorate from the Queens University of Charlotte, USA.
- Michal Szymanczak – (Poland – Full time) – Senior Executive Secretary for Movement Strengthening
- Andrew McKenzie (Australia – Full time) – Executive Secretary for Communication
- Jose Varghese, (India – Full time) – Executive Secretary for Leadership Development
- Romulo Dantas, (Brazil – Full-time) – Executive Secretary for Youth Empowerment
- Selma Zaidi, (USA – Part time) – Special Advisor to the Secretary-General
- Carlos Sanvee, (Togo – 25% time) – Advisor to the Secretary General
- Lisa Kalivatsi (Greece) – Programme Secretary for refugee assistance
- Suzanne Watson (England ) – Officer Manager
- Alexandra Meissl (France/Switzerland/England) – 70% time) – Accountant
- Claude-Alain Danthe (Switzerland – Full-time) – IT & Social Media Manager
- Misha Guskov (Russia) – Programme Secretary
Adrian Davies (United Kingdom) – Programme Secretary
- Maria Cristina Saldarriaga (Peru) – Programme Secretary