Global Youth Mobilization Senior Programme Manager
Title: Senior Programme Manager
Location: Working from home
Contract: 7-month fixed term consultancy, full-time
This is a 7-month fixed term, full-time consultancy role that will manage key programme deliverables for the Global Youth Mobilization (GYM), monitor and manage the budget and financial reporting and lead on monitoring and evaluation for the initiative. The role will also support other colleagues within the central GYM Project Coordination Team by overseeing and supporting various aspects of the initiative, including the Accelerator Programme, advocacy plans and other ad-hoc requirements.
This role will suit an individual with 5 – 8 years previous experience in non-profits, youth development, international development and/or training, with a strong background in non-formal education and learning. The candidate must be willing to work at different times to engage a globally dispersed team, will need to collaborate closely with Designated Leads from across the Big Six Youth Organisations and report to the Project Co-Lead for the GYM.
- Manage and coordinate – in collaboration with the Designated Leads and Co-Lead for the GYM – the monitoring, evaluation, promotion and reporting of the awarded National Projects.
- Lead on the monitoring and evaluation efforts for the project overall, including commissioning an external evaluation firm to conduct a review and manage the whole process through to the final evaluation of the project.
- Support the Project Co-Lead to produce relevant project reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis for the Board, donor and other partners.
- Monitor, in collaboration with WOSM finance, the project budget and prepare relevant reports for the Project Co-Lead and Board.
- Support the Project Co-Lead and Project Coordinator for Communications, Partnerships and Advocacy to produce the final external impact report and supporting assets.
- Work in collaboration with other members of the Project Coordination Team to successfully implement the Accelerator Programme and the final rounds of the Local Solutions funding.
- Collaborate with the Project Coordinator for Communications, Partnerships and Advocacy on promotion of different aspects of the project and supporting with the Youth-Led advocacy development process.
- Support the Project Co-Lead and Designated Leads with implementing decisions made by the Board relating to the future of the GYM.
- 5-8 years of work experience (national or international) in areas of programme management, grants and/or knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation and database management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or similar (or equivalent in work experience),
- Experience in liaising with multiple stakeholders at different levels (e.g. local/national/international) and coordinating programmatic content development among them,
- Experience of managing and/or overseeing a grants or funding programme
- Experience of commissioning and managing the external evaluation of projects.
- Experience of budget management and reporting.
- Experience of working for or with one of the Big Six Youth Organisations is an asset
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset, but not a must for the position.
- Highly positive attitude and strong dedication to supporting young people’s development and growth,
- High attention to detail and rigorous approach to assessing and analysing data
- Dynamic, proactive and open-minded,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Culturally aware,
- Willing to work outside regular office hours (to accommodate meetings with colleagues in different time zones).
Timeframe and location
The position is expected to be contracted full time from June 2022 – 31 December 2022.
This is a remote position – candidates can be based anywhere in the world.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover letter (maximum two pages for the letter) to this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/I66ILakkkBkhAAW57ZO0
Please ensure that you save the file with your name in the file name and include your email address on your CV. If you have any issues or questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Deadline and interviews
The deadline for applications is the 15 May 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. These are likely to take place on the 18 and 19 May (TBC).
Contract and salary
The consultant will be contracted by the World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM), headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. WOSM is the legal custodian of the GYM. Salary commensurate with responsibilities, experience and location.
Formed in 1996, the Big 6 Youth Organisations is an alliance of leading international youth-serving organisations. It comprises the five largest youth movements in the world: the Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA), the World Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), the World Organisation of the Scout Movement (WOSM), the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), and a leading programme for youth development, the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award (the Award). Together, the Big 6 actively involve over 250 million young people.