National Council of YMCAs
Date of foundation of the YMCA: 1999
Membership Status: Full member
Full member of the World Alliance of YMCAs since: 2014
Brief YMCA History
The Cambodia Young Men’s Christian Volunteer Association (Cambodia YMCA) has been in operation in Cambodia since 2008, it is a worldwide organization. Cambodia YMCA is a Community Based Voluntary, Membership, Youth Focused and Non-Profit Organization that work to develop mind, body, and spirit of people and communities. We work in the community through a wide variety of programs and initiatives to provide education, community serve and personal development opportunities to youths in Cambodia. The Cambodia YMCA strike to contribute to the development of Cambodia and to save street children from suffer of life; build youth to reach their dream, save saddened, isolation and loneliness of elderly people in Cambodia. Cambodia YMCA strongly believed that inequalities early in life affect inequalities in old age and thus the society must address wider inequalities.
From the establishment until now, Cambodia YMCA has been developed its ministry through building relationships with private sectors, local and international NGOs, churches, and other key partners both local and international to gain supports and development partnership. So far, the Cambodia YMCA has been focused on developing memberships, capacity buildings for the young people, and other social activities involving communities’ development for children, youths and elderly people. However, the Cambodia YMCA’s philosophy is standing for Everyone Participates, Everyone Learns and Everyone Has Fun.
Strong Kids, Strong Youth, Strong Families and Thriving for sustainable Communities in Cambodia.
Enhance body, mind and spirit for the improvement on the living and welfare of the people in the Cambodian communities.
1. Education Program, base in Phnom Penh
– Formal Education for street children
– YMCA Learning center, provide English and Computer to children and adult.
2. Youth Empowerment Program, Base in Phnom Penh
– Youth development project, which focus on leadership development, soft skill and entrepreneurship development
– Youth institute: focus on photo graphic skills and design
3. Community Service, Base in Phnom Penh
– Home Base Care for elderly people
– International community service, mobilize oversea people to visit Cambodia and work at the community and visit some historical place in Cambodia
4. Peace Coffee Project, Base in Mondulkiri province
– Support minority people to plant the coffee and YMCA will buy it.
5. Women Empowerment: Base in Siem Reap Province
– Provide child care center from 2 years old to 5 years old kid and let mother go to work
Address National Office
YMCA National Office
No 2123, St 1013, Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey,
Khan Sensok, Phnom Penh