Today 11 new World YMCA Executive Committee members were named, as the official voting delegates of the 20th YMCA World Council chose a diverse and experienced group to serve for the next four years, 2022-2026. The proceedings follow Tuesday’s Officer elections, in which a new President, Deputy-President and Treasurer were announced.
The new Executive Committee members are:
Mr. Ronald Senghore, The Gambia
Ms. Nalisoa Andrianarivo, Madagascar
Asia and Pacific
Ms. Karren Joy Fetalvero, The Philippines
Mr. Christopher Lewis, Australia
Ms. Brenda Flaherty, Canada
Ms. Lena Schickhaus, Germany
Ms. Sarah Bremner, Scotland
Ms. Maurine Kouba, East Jerusalem
Latin America and Caribbean
Mr. Cristiano Freitas Ristov, Brazil
Ms. Anaclara Rodriguez Canzani, Uruguay
Mr. Harvin Vallabhaneni, USA
- Carry out the policy and specific instructions of the World Council, to complete all matters committed to its charge, and to act with all the powers of the World Council
- To monitor the work, finances and personnel of the World Alliance.
- To undertake the planning and orientation of World Council meetings.
- To undertake such actions and responsibilities as required for the good governance of the World Alliance and as required by the World Alliance or World Council in compliance with the Constitution, Resolutions and all proposals of the World Council.
- To appoint the Secretary General.
- To represent the World Alliance in its relationship with other world organisations.
- To issue each year the call for observance by Young Men’s Christian Associations throughout the world of the Week of Prayer and World Fellowship.